Online registration for the 2021 Annual National Integrated Comprehensive Systems for Equity Virtual Institutes will be opening soon. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in attending and see below for more information about the 2021 National Virtual Institutes.
ICS for Equity Virtual Institute Part I is intended for New Teams* (teams who have not yet completed an Institute): 3-Day Virtual Institute from July 27 - 29, 2021, virtually from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. each day.
ICS for Equity Institute Part II - Co-Plan to Co-Serve to Co-Learn (C3) is intended for Returning Teams* (all team members are required to have previously completed Part I): 2-Day Institute from June 22 - 23, 2021, virtually from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. each day.
(if you have team members who have not completed Part I, they should attend Part I)
ICS for Equity Virtual Institute Part I (July 27 - 29) - New Teams* will:
- strengthen your understanding and implementation of the framework and process of Integrated Comprehensive Systems for Equity;
- engage in plentiful team time throughout the event to engage in a deep equity analysis of your setting;
- complete an action plan and next steps to advance equity systems change for all.
Part I Virtual Institute Pricing will be shared when the online registration opens.
ICS for Equity Virtual Institute Part II - Co-Plan to Co-Serve to Co-Learn (C3) (June 22 - 23) - Returning Teams* will:
- review the implementation and next steps of Cornerstones 1 and 2 in their schools and districts;
- engage in deep, practical application of Co-Plan to Co-Serve (Modules 9-12).
Part II Virtual Institute Pricing will be shared when the online registration opens.
As co-presenters, Dr. Colleen Capper and Dr. Elise Frattura bring a combined history of over 61 years of distance learning experience to the Virtual Institutes. The Virtual Institutes will mirror previous in-person Institutes' content and pace with an ebb and flow between small group and large group work.
Based on the continually evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic and public health recommendations, both Institutes will be held virtually, via synchronous online learning (using the free Zoom video meeting platform).
For District and School Leadership Teams, state and regional teams, non-profit and for-profit organizations, city/county governments, and those in higher education.
Each School/District Team should include 8-10 people.
*School Leadership Team Members:
- General Ed teacher from each grade level
- Special Educator
- Teacher of students labeled gifted
- Teacher of students labeled ELL
- Reading/math interventionist
- Allied Arts
- Other staff as appropriate
*District Leadership Team Members:
- Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- Director of Special Education and Student Services
- Business Manager
- Human Resources Director
- Coordinator of Gifted Education Program
- Coordinator of ELL Program
- Other key district office staff as appropriate