Online registration for the 2020 Annual National Integrated Comprehensive Systems for Equity Virtual Institute has closed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in attending the Summer 2021 National Institutes.
ICS for Equity Virtual Institute Part I is intended for New Teams* (teams who have not yet completed an Institute): 3-Day Virtual Institute from July 28 - 30, 2020 with Virtual Institute from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. each day.
ICS for Equity Virtual Institute Part I (July 28 - 30) - New Teams* will:
- strengthen your understanding and implementation of the framework and process of Integrated Comprehensive Systems for Equity;
- engage in plentiful team time throughout the event to engage in a deep equity analysis of your setting;
- complete an action plan and next steps to advance equity systems change for all.
Part I Virtual Institute Pricing:
- Regular Registration Price: $615 per team member
- Late Registration Price Beginning May 16, 2020: $650 per team member
As co-presenters, Dr. Colleen Capper and Dr. Elise Frattura bring a combined history of over 61 years of distance learning experience to the online Part I Institute. The Virtual Institute will mirror the in-person Institute's content and pace with an ebb and flow between small group and large group work, with teams completing a concrete ICS Equity Plan by the end of the Institute.
Given the unprecedented interruptions in access and instruction, now, more than ever, districts, associations, and organizations will need their equity plans in place to continue to advance the learning of all students.
ICS for Equity Virtual Institute Part I is intended for New Teams* (teams who have not yet completed an Institute): 3-Day Virtual Institute from July 28 - 30, 2020 with the Virtual Institute from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. each day (with a lunch break)
Based on the evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic and the state of Wisconsin's response to the pandemic, we have decided to instead hold the Institute via synchronous online learning (using the free Zoom video meeting platform).The Institute will continue online on July 28, 29, and 30 from 8:30 to 3:00 p.m. (with a lunch break).
For District and School Leadership Teams, state and regional teams, non-profit and for-profit organizations, city/county governments, and those in higher education.
Each School/District Team should include 8-10 people.
*School Leadership Team Members:
- General Ed teacher from each grade level
- Special Educator
- Teacher of students labeled gifted
- Teacher of students labeled ELL
- Reading/math interventionist
- Allied Arts
- Other staff as appropriate
*District Leadership Team Members:
- Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- Director of Special Education and Student Services
- Business Manager
- Human Resources Director
- Coordinator of Gifted Education Program
- Coordinator of ELL Program
- Other key district office staff as appropriate